Additional Author Resources
Payment Plans Now Available
Literary GPS now offers payment plans. Click the "Let's Chat" button below to discuss your options of either 4 payments or 6 when you spend $120 or more.
Your manuscript is only half done when you finish writing it. You need the eyes and mind of a skilled editor to enhance the quality of your book. Literary GPS specializes in developmental/content editing, but we feature other forms, such as copy/line editing, proofreading, and beta reading.
Edits start at $150 for word counts under 25,000 words or less. Literary GPS edits at a $.006 rate per word. If you book this service for a copy/line edit, you will also receive a developmental edit; however, if you only book a developmental edit, you will ONLY receive a developmental edit. Developmental edits are separately priced and start a $10 per 1,000 words.
Our editing process is as follows:
1. You must book a consultation to be given a quote and an assessment of your manuscript to assess excessive damages. *price may vary beyond the starting rate depending on your assessment. Your quote will be given BEFORE editing services are booked*
2. You'll receive your quote, you'll sign a terms of service agreement laying out the terms of the service, and you can either pay a 55 % deposit or in full. If you pay a deposit, the remaining balance will be due 72 hours before the tentative return date.
3. Editing, depending on the length of the project, can take up to two months. Your tentative return date will be outlined in the terms of the service agreement. You cannot pay a rush fee on edits. If you have a deadline in mind, please include it in the consultation. Otherwise, you will be given a due date based on my practices and schedule. I will do my best to accommodate you, but if I cannot, I will refer you to someone of equal or greater caliber.
4. Literary GPS doesn't offer sample edits. We do, however, have references, and we are more than willing to share them or you can check out our Testimonial page.
5. When booking a consultation for editing services, the consultation fee automatically comes off the total price of the editing service IF you book.
You have a story to tell, but trying to tell it has become too tedious. You're an author who simply doesn't have time to mass-produce the way you want, and you want someone more seasoned to take care of it. You're writing in a different genre, but don't know how to properly execute it and you need a ghostwriter to take the wheel?
Literary GPS offers ghostwriting at an affordable rate, and we offer discretion to all of our clients. We are bound by an NDA to keep your information confidential indefinitely and pride ourselves on being your secret helper.
Ghostwriting rates start at $150 per 5,000 words, in any genre. We do offer free writing samples upon request of 1 chapter.
We offer ghostwriting in the following genres:
You cannot book this service without a consultation.
Literary GPS assists in ghostwriting in the following capacity...
1. If you have a concept, we can do the ghostwrite.
2. If you have an outline, we can do the ghostwrite.
3. If you have a genre in mind, you can select from our many lists of concepts, and we can do the ghostwrite.
4.. If you have the character names, and nothing else, we can still do the ghostwrite.
When you click to book this service, you are booking a consultation. The fee of the consultation, if you book the ghostwriting service AFTER the consultation, will come off the total of the ghostwriting fee.
E-book/Manual/Guide/ Planner/ Journal/Notebook Creation
Are you a business owner with guides to share, but don't know how to put them together? Are you a teacher who needs study guides for your students? You like notebooks/journals that affirm you. This service is open to all entrepreneurs. This service requires a consultation.
Literary GPS can design, print, create your e-book, manual, guide/planner, or journal/notebook.
When you click purchase, it will take you to the "book online" portal. In order to book this service, you must FIRST, have a consultation.
Click the "let's chat" button on the bottom of the website if you have any questions or to check out our portfolio.
You've read your manuscript so many times, and now you want to send it to an editor, but you don't want to look like a newbie? Let's get you in for a proofread.
Did you already have your book edited but need another thorough eye to take a look?
Let Literary GPS catch those mistakes missed to give your book the fighting chance it deserves.
Proofreading services begin at $75 for manuscripts under 20,000 words.
You cannot book this service without an assessment. If you do not have either an edited manuscript or a "clean" manuscript we will not allow you to book a proofreading service. We will recommend an edit.
When you click to book this service, you are booking a consultation. The fee of the consultation, if you book the ghostwriting service AFTER the consultation, will come off the total of the proofreading fee.
You're wondering if your book is any good. Does it have a certain level of relatability? Is it easy to like? Are the characters strong enough? Literary GPS has a full proof formula for Beta Reading, and we want to make sure your manuscript has all the values and character traits of a stellar read!
Beta Reading offers a critique to the author/writer. It allows an unbiased party to give you a full and informal review of your work before it goes to the masses.
Beta Reading rates begin at $75 for 25,000 words or less.
You cannot book this service without an assessment. If you do not have either an edited or "clean" manuscript we will not allow you to book a Beta Reading service. We will recommend an edit first, because Beta Reading is all about the experience of the read.
When you click to book this service, you are booking a consultation. The fee of the consultation, if you book the Beta Reading service AFTER the consultation, will come off the total of the proofreading fee.
Literary GPS offers transcription services via two methods.
We accept hand-written manuscripts, as well as recordings.
This transcription service will allow your manuscript, blog articles, etc to be adapted to a digital version for your own usage.
Editing is not included in transcription services. It is an additional fee/service.
All transcription services require a consultation. Transcription services start at $100 for manuscripts 30 pages or less.
When you click purchase, it will take you to the "book online" portal because you MUST have a consultation to be eligible to book this service. If you have any questions, click the "Let's Chat" button at the bottom of the site to reach me directly.
You've written a book that blows people's minds, but your brain is fried, and figuring out how to complete an in-market synopsis is at the bottom of the list? No worries, let Literary GPS take care of it. We offer Blurb or Synopsis Writing at an affordable rate, and the turn around time is 24 hours or less!
We will craft a publishing-worthy synopsis or blurb for your book. All we need is a brief description of what the book is about.
Synopsis/Blurb Writing holds a flat rate of $35. Send the answers to these questions directly to my email (email@example.com) AFTER you purchase.
1. Who is your Protagonist?
2. Who is your Antagonist?
3. What is the backstory?
4. What are the Climax/Climaxes?
5. Any pertinent information about the characters?
6. What is the Conflict?
7. How does it end?
8. Is this a series, if so, what part?
9. What's the title?
10. Brief idea/synopsis from previous book IF this applies.
If you have any questions, click the "Let's Chat" button at the bottom of the site to reach me directly.